I have a confession to make. I knew I wanted to plan a Super Bowl themed food post for you guys because Super Bowl to me is really about the snacks. Not even the commercials – just bring on all of the cheesy, carb-y goodness. I had planned to share recipes that incorporated a lot of this cheesy, carb-y goodness – extra carbs, hold the veggies.
And then, my entire family went. on. a. diet.
I mean. Way to ruin my Super Bowl cheese guys.
And then I figured okay – they can’t be the only people trying to balance the Super Bowl munchies with a 2019 diet revamp – so here we are. HEALTHY and EASY Super Bowl appetizers in five ingredients or less! (And the cupcakes in the back are for me, FYI because girlfriend stopped dieting on June 30, 2018 after the curtain fell on her wedding!)
- 1 8 oz. container of mozzarella ciliegine (I like BelGioioso)
- 1 8 oz. container of cherry tomatoes
- Olive oil
- Balsamic Glazer (I like Trader Joe’s)
- Salt to taste
- Add one cherry tomato and one mozzarella ball to each appetizer pick. Drizzle with olive oil, balsamic, and salt to taste!
authentic Lebanese hummus
- One 16 oz can Progresso chick peas (we also like Bush)
- 1-2 cloves of garlic (this is to taste – we like it extra garlicky!)
- Juice of one small lemon
- 4 tablespoons Aklanater Tahini paste (THIS BRAND IS ESSENTIAL!!! TAHINI MAKES OR BREAKS HUMMUS!!!)
- Salt to taste
- Drain chickpeas, but save the chickpea juice
- In the Cuisinart, add chickpeas, 1/4 cup of chickpea juice, garlic, lemon juice, tahini, and salt, and blend
- If the consistency isn’t smooth, add the chick pea juice two tablespoons at a time
- Add salt, lemon or garlic to taste!!
Chef’s note: You guys, the tahini really makes all of the difference. Take a second and buy this brand – you won’t regret it (and no – this isn’t sponsored!)
buffalo chicken lettuce wraps
- 1 rotisserie chicken, shredded
- 1/2 cup of your favorite buffalo sauce
- 1/2 cup of cherry tomatoes, chopped
- 1/4 of a cup of red onions, chopped
- Bib Lettuce
- Shred chicken and add in buffalo sauce, coating chicken thoroughly
- Add in chopped cherry tomatoes and red onions
- Place on bib lettuce pieces – serve!
yes, the cupcakes are for me.
But more importantly, how cute are these decorations from Party City. No, this isn’t sponsored – I just LOVED this football buffet decorating kit. I feel like party decor can get out of hand quickly, and this kit was only $10! (full disclosure – cupcake picks and water bottle wrappers sold separately – but still super affordable).