I loved hearing how many of you tried the Tuscan White Bean Soup! I’m so glad you liked it!! I’m all about fast and healthy weeknight meals because let’s be honest – it doesn’t have to be gourmet – it just has to be good. Today, I’m sharing another favorite weeknight meal – salmon and veggie bowls. However, in reading this article, you do solemnly swear never to translate it for my aunt in Lebanon – she would be MORTIFIED to know that I don’t even make my own rice!! The family honor is on the line for you guys – so I hope you like this!
delicious and healthy 30 minute salmon and veggie bowls
- Two salmon burgers (or regular salmon filets – I get the salmon burgers at Costco and keep them on hand in the freezer)
- 1 bag of Uncle Ben’s Ready Rice, Brown (you guys – these have been a life saver)
- 10-12 stalks uncooked asparagus
- 1 1/2 cups chopped broccoli
- 1 large avocado
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 lemon
- Salt and pepper
- Balsamic glaze, to taste
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Line a baking sheet with aluminum foil and bake salmon burgers for 10 minutes
- After 10 minute, remove from oven and flip. If you are using salmon filets, just remove from oven momentarily.
- Add uncooked broccoli and asparagus to the baking sheet, and coat each thoroughly with olive oil and salt
- Return to oven and bake for an additional 10 minutes.
- Prepare rice accordingly to the (insanely easy) instructions on the bag
- Remove cooked salmon and veggies from the oven
- Chop salmon, asparagus, and avocado
- Assemble bowls with all of the ingredients, and top with a splash of lemon and balsamic glaze to taste!